[no subject]

> Everyone and their mother who write business software are
> > writing it in Windows only.

Perhaps Oracle slipped your mind. Also American Management Associates wrote the accounting packages for government use on Linux - especially those used by the US Judiciary. In fact, a long list of business software exists on Linux.

Five of the global seven financial service use Linux to handle all the financial transaction as do the world's largest banks.

The subject of this thread refers to Linux as a desktop. Personally, I do not see Windows as a tool with a purpose.
Too many people are glad to use free software exclusively.

You might also want to read an article encouraging governments around the globe to use Linux. It was published yesterday in a Mexican periodical - in English:

http://chiapas.mediosindependientes.org/display.php3?article_id=113397

I think this article makes a compelling case.

Also, consider the case at

http://sillydog.org/msbad.html