sync hangs

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 13:39:53 +0100
Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you using one of these?
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-FCR-HS4-Hi-Speed-Media-Reader/dp/B00VAGX6MW
> You said you were plugging in a USB card, not an adaptor containing
> an SD card, if that is what it is.

yes it's one of those. In my original post  I  mistyped usb for SD.
Sorry.

> I don't know what the problem might be, perhaps someone else can help.

I did try rebooting, but still had the same problem.  However, there
was a kernel update today, so I installed that (though it seemed to
hang right at the end, maybe because of the sync problem) and I
rebooted.  Since the update it has worked OK, so maybe it was some sort
of kernel issue. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for helping.
- Richard.
--