systemd-resolve/NetworkManager changes (17.10 -> 18.04)

On Mon, 21 May 2018 at 21:05, Teresa e Junior <teresaejunior at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The reason why restarting the services worked is that systemd-networkd
> hadn't been started in the first place. Enabling systemd-networkd solved
> the problem.

> My main concern now is who disabled systemd-networkd in the last upgrade
> and why. It is strange too that the serviced status returned "disabled;
> vendor preset: enabled".

I'm glad you found an answer and please I assisted in some way.

I didn't probe too deeply when mine failed. I did a few tests, worked out
that both Ethernet and Wifi were connected and working, I could ping hosts
on the LAN and in the wider world, and that it was just DNS that was
failing. Then I googled how to fix that, and the 2nd suggestion (I think)
worked.

I blame systemd, but then, when almost anything goes wrong on a modern
Linux box, I blame systemd.

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk â?¢ Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com