Ubuntu 18.04 - GNOME - Desktop icon conflict

On Thu, 17 May 2018 at 22:42, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:

> On 17/05/18 09:36, Liam Proven wrote:
> [...]
> > I gave away my IPX but the hack is well-documented, e.g.
> >
> > http://www.obsolyte.com/sunFAQ/faq_nvram.html

> Indeed it is, if you fancy sawing the shroud in half, prising the old
> battery out, and effectively putting it back together with a new
> battery, chewing-gum, and string :-)

Yes, I saw it and that's one reason I gave my IPX away.

It _might_ be possible to buy pre-modded clock chips now. Might be worth
asking. The machine sounds historic!

> But we *are* current...and CentOS7 still only provides PHP 5.6 which
> most of our applications reject. Same with MySQL.

I'm beginning to get the feeling I'm attempting to teach advanced
egg-sucking to a grandparent. ;-)

EPEL and the like can fix that, not? I faced the same issue about 5-6y ago,
and I think that's how I got round it.

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven