Printer problem

On Wed, 16 May 2018 at 14:21, Richard Kimber <
richardkimber at politicsresources.net> wrote:

> After upgrading to 18.04 I am no longer able to install my printer.

> With 17.10 I had a Canon MX920 operating as a network printer. However
> the upgrade has removed this and I am now prevented from installing the
> printer.

> The printer and its IP address are detected, but after doing its search
> for drivers, the setup program gives a cups server error:
> "server-error-internal-error".

> I have tried re-installing Cups, but to no effect. Any suggestions?

> Strangely, I am able to print from Libre Office, even though no printer
> appears to be installed, but I cannot print from other programs (e.g.
> Pluma).

There is a Linux driver for download, although it's very old:

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100517002.html

Do these help?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/326723/how-to-install-canon-mx922-printer

http://tipsonubuntu.com/2016/08/14/canon-printer-driver-scangear-mp-ubuntu-16-04/