Protecting a file from accidentally being sent.

On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 12:52, Owen Thomas <owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did try that; the shortcut I created seemed to refer directly to the
file when I viewed it from the file selection dialogue. I have to admit to
being unfamiliar with shortcuts. Are they different from symbolic links?
Can I create one of those?

Same functionality, different name.

Windows: "shortcut"
Linux: "symlink", "symbolic link"
Mac: "alias"

They all do essentially the same thing.

And the idea is that when you open them, you get the original, yes. That's
the point.

Thanks for changing quoting style!

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven