Protecting a file from accidentally being sent.

On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 12:10, Owen Thomas <owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is a pity if this is true: I used the presence of various files on my
desktop as a reminder for me that backup tasks need to be completed. I've
moved my CV to a folder called CV in an effort to prevent mistakes, but I'm
not sure that this will be foolproof.

Please *bottom* post on mailing lists. Your reply should go _below_ the
trimmed part of the text you're replying to.

Peter is right. Desktops are not for storage. They are a work area. Your
working files should be in folders -- that's why Ubuntu provides you with
~/Documents, ~/Pictures, ~/Videos, ~/Music etc. Use them!

If you want to keep something to hand, put a _shortcut_ on your desktop.

Otherwise, no, I don't think there's anything you can do to block certain
files from being opened by certain apps.

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk â?¢ Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com