18.04 networking

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:

> I'm installing 18.04 on a server and added a static ip to the file
> /etc/network/interfaces. It works and uses the address I assigned, but
> its not respecting the 'dns-nameserver' line, and the system cant reach
> the web.
>
> has the dns-nameserver directive changed now?

1) I don't use this feature but, AFAIK, it's "dns-nameservers" not
"dns-nameserver".

2) "dns-nameservers" will be a no-op if resolvconf isn't installed and active.

[ Did you use the d-i-based installer or the default live installer?
The latter uses netplan to set up the network via networkd and
ifupdown isn't installed by default. ]