Wiped external hard drive clean by accident

  Hell Douglas Pollard here. I was reformatting a few thumb drives that
were given to me.  I was using G-parted and left my 4 terrabyte "MY
Book" USB external Hard drive plugged in and  wiped it clean Ubuntu
can't see it and either can G-parted. AS soon as I relised it was being
reformatted I panicked and stopped it now it seems there is nothing
there.  A friend said windows 10 could reformat it but I don't have
windows on anything. I have notice the progress bar I guess in (Grub 2)
that goes across to start Ubuntu hesitates  before reaching the end and
ubuntu will not start so I guess it is trying to read the external drive
and fails. Unplug  the drive and Ubuntu starts so it seems some thing
can see it and is trying to read it.?  Any help with this would be
appreciated.    Doug