Monitors will not go into standby

On 06/06/2018 11:33 AM, Tony Arnold wrote:

> Do you mean the type of cable or quality/features of cable? I have 2
> monitors. One is on display port and the other is DVI. Neither of them
> go into power save mode.

They make DVI cables that are fully wired with a decent gauge wire, and
they also make them with only a bare minimum wires and not all pins are
connected.

Theres various ways to make monitors sleep, and one way is using the
wiring. A way to rule things out would be to try a quality VGA cable, if
the vid card/monitor support it.

Another might be a try a different brand of DVI cable that appears to to
have all wires/pins actually connected properly.

I cant speak to Display Port. The connector reminds me of a usb cable,
where the video/audio signal must be sent serially? I haven't researched
it.

Maybe the OS expects VGA and the signaling its using is not compatible
with DVI or Display Port. Maybe the type of signaling can be adjusted.