Output from 'groups' is suddently different to /etc/group

On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 15:54 +0200, R. Diez via ubuntu-users wrote:
> Or are you expecting end-users to read the installation log?

No, reading afterwards the log could already be too late. I expect even
users of a user-friendly Linux distro to read the output when installing
software. Full carefree user-friendliness could only be provided by
Apple alike restrictions. I'm sorry, but a user-friendly approach
without Apple alike restrictions still requires a little bit of
self-responsibility, so there still is a moderate learning curve.