18.04 = circular login problem on system freeze

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:02:14 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
>Liam Proven wrote:
>
>>Maté is fine but can't do vertical taskbars.
>
>Actually, it's pretty quick and painless to get those on the MATE
>desktop.

I guess Liam dislikes how some items of some panels do behave, if the
panel is used vertically. To mate-panel on the left add "Menu Bar - A
custom menu bar".

He also might miss vertically features of the panel. Instead of
positioning mate-panel completely to the left or right side, move it
somewhere between left side and middle or between right side and
middle, while used vertically.

The above examples show two issues I found out by just running
mate-panel for a few seconds.

However, it's possible to use Mate and to add any other panel.

Actually, on openbox I run two horizontal panels at the same time on
top, lxpanel and fbpanel, the combination of those two panels allows
things that are impossible when using mate-panel or xfce4-panel,
furthermore I add items to the panels to run scripts, to select between
an LCD display, VGA monitor or dual mode, all with different settings
such as different resolutions and among other things, those scripts
handle the panels, so that the panels fit to the different settings.
If I would run Mate or Xfce4, I could use the same combination of
lxpanel and fbpanel. Nobody is forced to use Mate with the mate-panel
or Xfce4 with the xfce4-panel.