18.04 = circular login problem on system freeze

Am 17.07.2018 um 13:53 schrieb Wade Smart:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 06:30 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Xfce isn't flashy or modern but it just works. If you want a top-panel
>> and an icon dock on the left or bottom, like Mac OS X or Unity, it can
>> do that too.
>> --
>
> I'be never looked at xubuntu. Since I'm getting no where fast,  I'll check
> that out today.

I use xubuntu 16.04.4 in virtualbox, it works and has on my computer
about 2/3 of storage requirements compared to KDE.

On the other hand, I use Kubuntu 18.04, 16.04.4 and have been using KDE
in openSUSE for ages because KDE can be tweaked the way I like it.

I played a bit with Gnome in Fedora and Ubuntu, these GUI are simply
different.

I could work with any of them, but I prefer KDE/Kubuntu because of one
of its mini programs, a real "killer widget", the picture frame.

It allows the presentation in several frames of all your thousands of
pictures hidden in the depth of your HDD at an unused space of your
desktop, giving them the chance to be seen at least occasionally.

cu
Peter