Really dark drop down lists?

On 28 January 2018 at 09:02, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:49:58 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> >> IOW you most likely need to edit something
> >> in /usr/share/themes/name_of_the_theme/gtk-3.0/*css .
> >>
> >One should not need to do this on a default install. I am also seeing
> >this problem.
>
> For good reasons nearly nobody is willing to maintain a GTK3
> theme's style sheet. Insatlling Ubuntu from the server image or a
> default Arch Linux is without Wayland or X at all. Once you installe
> GUIs, the GTK3 theme issue starts.

I am not sure of the relevance of that, obviously the colour of dropdown
lists is unlikely to show itself on a server image. However if it is
difficult to use on a supported desktop image then that is undesirable.

I suppose one should submit bugs against the applications that show the
problem.

Colin