Mounting satnav USB

On 20/01/18 23:19, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Samstag, den 20.01.2018, 19:30 +0000 schrieb Peter Flynn:
>>
>> How do I find out the /dev/usb* (or whatever) device this is, so I
>> can
>> mount it?
>
> i dont think this i possible with tomtom devices, tomtom only allows
> you to acces their devices through their software ("MyDrive
> Connect/SportsConnect i think)

That's a pity...my old TomTom ONE works like a regular USB stick, just
plug it in.

> there is a deb package in their support forum though, perhaps that
> works ...
> [1] https://de.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25045/kw/linux

Interesting. This appears to be for the TomTom Sports which is a
different device (wristwatch. But astonishing that after a decade or
more they have at last started considering Linux. It installs and
executes, but (understandably) does not recognise my TomTom VIA 52.

///Peter