synaptic on 17.10

On 4 February 2018 at 15:40, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried (or, considered trying) MATE?
>
> When GNOME 3 was imposed, the only workable (for me) alternative to
> GNOME 2, was MATE, so, since about UuntuMATE 12.04, I have been using
> UbuntuMATE, now using UbuntuMATE 16.04, and hoping that UbuntuMATE
> 18.04 will be sufficiently similar (and, similarly usable).

I was never a huge fan of GNOME 2 because it doesn't do vertical
panels properly, but it was good enough.

If you miss it, yes, Maté is a perfectly faithful continuation. And it
can't do vertical panels properly, either.

This is what I want:

https://imgur.com/a/fLeAy

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven