synaptic on 17.10

On 2 February 2018 at 10:43, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Regardless of how you want to paraphrase, if the author hadn't accepted
> it as a bug, he'd have closed it.  He didn't.
[...]
> That's a pretty slanted paraphrasing.  Anyway, software development
> often involves accepting reality and the need to keep up with changes
> elsewhere.  The King Cnut approach is rarely productive.

To para 2:

*Open-mouthed in astonishment*

I can't see how _else_ anyone can interpret it, TBH.

To para 1:

Like a lot of FOSS, AFAIK, he's a volunteer doing it because he wants
to. A new environment he didn't pick or want breaks his app, but it
still works fine on the one it was written for. Why should he do all
this work?
users

--
Liam Proven â?¢ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven