synaptic on 17.10

Ok, synaptiy not necessarily is needed, some users for good reasons are
just used to it. I'm using command line and a browser with the Ubuntu
package search and since I'm a long time Linux user, this is all I
need as well as the most comfortable way to go for me. When I was a
Linux novice synaptic was my favoured package managment apps for Debian
and Debian alike distros, such as Ubuntu.

Is there a good alternative to gparted? Are Wayland users or Ubuntu
maintainers forced to use dirty workarounds, to be able to run the
probably best partition GUI app?