[no subject]

:oDDDDDDDD

The dhcp client failed to get an address. So saying [OK] to this is the
first what is wrong.

Well, regarding to the second ... We know NICs to be "UP" and "DOWN".
The NIC is "UP", that's right. If a NIC is configured it has an address.
So saying the NIC is configured is wrong.

I can say that the NIC isn't functional (the GUI tools report the
opposite) if i try to ``ping somehost'' (means: use it) and this doesn't
work.

BTW: the command line tools (``ifconfig eth0'') reports the NIC to not
be configured.

So this is 2 bugs:
a) bringing up the NIC via DHCP fails and the boot script reports [OK]
b) the GUI tools don't recognize this fact

F.