GRUB question

Hi!

I'm trying to set up an SSD cache for my hard disk. Just in a virtual machine,
so far.

It's for my (encrypted) root filesystem. According to the instructions
(https://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/LVM_Caching_mit_SSDs_einrichten), the
following is needed when the root filesystem is to be cached. Otherwise, it
won't be able to boot:

echo "dm_cache" >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
echo "dm_cache_mq" >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
echo "dm_persistent_data" >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
echo "dm_bufio" >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules

Now, how do I make this take effect? "grub-install /dev/sda" doesn't do it,
"update-grub" also doesn't. (Yes, I'm just guessing.)

When I boot the virtual machine, I get a shell, with "(initramfs) " as the
prompt, and a status message about busybox.

Thnx
Volker