[no subject]

But not sure how to do it. I copied the Warty kernel files (initrd &
vmlinuz) into Hoary's boot directory, and added an entry in menu.lst, by
copying the existing Hoary entry and just modifying the file names, and
that's it.
GRUB seems happy at first, it starts booting the Warty kernel, but half
a second later...it fails, printing this on the screen :

**********
Starting Ubuntu...
pivot_root : No such file or directory
/sbin/init: 429: cannot open dev/console : No such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init !
  _

Since I don't really know what I am doing, I probably did something
wrong... please help... :-)

regards,

--
Vince