[no subject]

There's one problem I've discovered with Warty being set up
without a root password: when rebooting from a powerfail
or other improper shutdown, and fsck sees something that
needs fixing, there's no way to get into single-user mode
before the whole system starts up.

You're offered a chance to enter the root PW (but of course
there is no such thing), or else proceed with booting.
I've seen *NIXes in the past where no PW was required in
this case, and perhaps the startup script should be modified
either to do that, or to accept a know sudoer's PW.

++ kevin

--=20
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD