Browsers hang on moodle site
Thank you for your answer, Tommy.
I don't really know how to do what you suggested first, but i'll check it
out. As for your second suggestion, it was one of the first things I tried
when I started having this problem. Finally, I removed the ttf-mscorefonts
package, but the problem persists.
2017-05-09 12:30 GMT-03:00 Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Esteban Kn?bl <estebanknobl at gmail.com>
>> I work with Moodle sites, and in one of them my browsers (Firefox,
>> Chrome, Opera) stop working whenever I activate edit mode on Moodle. They
>> just stay loading the page when I try to edit anything on the site, for a
>> couple of minutes, after which they return to the home page.
>> Now, this happens while running Ubuntu (I tested on Ubuntu, Lubuntu,
>> Ubuntu Gnome, Linux Mint) but not on Windows, nor Fedora! Additionally,
>> this does not happen on browsers based on Webkit, at least not on Epiphany
>> or Midori.
>> This particular site is on Moodle 2.9.5+ (Build: 20160317). The browsers
>> are up to date.
>> would like another solution.
>> Any clues?
> I saw your question and although I know very little about this, it made me
> think a bit about what might be different in your browsers.
> I have consistently had trouble with a particular banking site because its
> user agent string checker seems unable to recognize the string Firefox for
> Have you tried "spoofing" user agent strings from a different operating
> system? If it turns out this is the problem, you might submit it as a bug
> to Moodle and get it corrected.
> Another thing to check is to look at the extensions you have installed.
> You may have some you prefer that you've installed and forgotten about.
> It's easy enough to turn them off temporarily for testing. Obviously that's
> more far-fetched than the above, but it's easy enough to test. If it turns
> out an extension is causing the problem, obviously you might first look for
> a more up-to-date version of the extension, or submit a bug to the
> One more thing to look at, and I only think of this because I've
> occasionally had trouble with it -- do you have the "Microsoft Core Fonts"
> installed on your linux systems? I feel the package has serious problems
> since about the time of Ubuntu 14.04 and occasionally causes weird display
> issues. This is a bit more complicated to test, and a much more far-fetched
> suggestion, but it seems possible Moodle might pick one of the "core fonts"
> in its editor, with a fallback to more generic ones. If you uninstall it
> for testing be sure to reboot and open some documents to check for display
> issues. Then if you need to reinstall it, note that the package may be
> broken on your distro and you may have to go to extra effort to reinstall
> it. https://askubuntu.com/questions/463754/how-to-make-ttf-
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...