Can math.atan2 return INF?

Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>>The singularity being talked about there is an artifact of a
>>particular coordinate system; the theory predicts that there is no
>>*physical* singularity at the event horizon.
>
> That theory can't be tested even in principle, can it? Therefore, it is
> not scientific.

It can in principle be tested by a scientist falling into
the hole. The only problem is that he won't be able to
tell anyone outside what he finds out, but that's a
practical difficulty, not a philosophical one.

A lot of what the early Greeks found out got lost in
various library burnings, etc. Does that mean they
weren't being scientific?

> Religious theories about the afterlife face similar difficulties -- and
> present similar extrapolations.

I don't think they're similar at all. Show me the equations
for one of these religious theories and I might change
my mind...

--
Greg