ASCII or Unicode? (was best text editor for programming Python on a Mac)

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:31:00 PM UTC+12, Phil Boutros wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>>
>> This is how I write x?y from scratch:
> <snip long, arduous process>
>
>     To wrap this back full circle, here's how it's done on vim:
>
> Ctrl-K, =, ! (last two steps interchangeable).  Done.  Result:  ?

Standard Linux sequence: compose-slash-equals (or compose-equals-slash). Works in every sensible editor, terminal emulator, text-input field in web browsers and other GUI apps. In short, everywhere.

<http://wiki.wlug.org.nz/ComposeKey>