Google Cloud Platform and GlassSolver Project

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> <pedantic>Where I'm from, Rubik's Cubes are, well, cubes, thus 3x3x3,
> etc.</pedantic>

For some reason, they're often referred to in just two dimensions. I
have no idea why. A so-called "3x3" cube is standard, and has 3x3x3
small cubes (well, actually, the standard engineering form of it has
eight corner cubes, twelve edge cubes, and six center cubes, not one
of which is actually a cube, so that's 26 non-cubes and nothing in the
middle), and analogously the others. I suppose calling it a "Three
Cube" or a "Four Cube" isn't clear, and certainly "3x3x3" is
redundant.

ChrisA