Software Developer for the Digital Ocean Applications | Job position at CMCC Foundation, Italy
/Please, feel free to circulate //to anyone you think may be interested.///
Software Developer for the Digital Ocean Applications (Code: 10822)
The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a
talented, motivated and proactive Software Developer to support research
and development activities. This job announcement is a public invitation
to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is CMCC Headquarters in*Lecce, Italy*.
The primary purposes for this position is to support the Applications
Research Unit of the OPA Division of CMCC
in activities based on both observed and model maritime data. Candidates
will be engaged in:
* supporting VISIR model (visir-model.net
* porting/recoding/re-engineering/developing new numerical procedures
based on heterogeneous maritime data
* developing/maintaining and improving operational chains components.
The desired qualifications are:
* M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
* Good knowledge of scientific programming languages (preferably
Python, Matlab, R)
* knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git)
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
* fluency in the English language
* knowledge of workflow management platforms
* experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data//
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex Italian Law 68/99) will
constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 24 months starting from July 2020 at an
annual salary ranging from 22 K to 38K Euros for junior research
associates and from 32K to 48K Euros for senior research associates*,
comprehensive of benefits*, depending on qualification and experience.
*How to Apply*
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website.
For further information on CMCC Job Opportunities, please visit our
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
Web: www.cmcc.it <https://www.cmcc.it/> - Contact us: info at cmcc.it
<mailto:info at cmcc.it>