Technical debt - was Re: datetime seems to be broken WRT timezones (even when you add them)

On 2/11/20 5:37 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:32 AM Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/11/20 2:25 PM, Barry Scott wrote:
>>> At Chris said moving to python3 will *reduce* your technical debt.
>>> You are paying off the debt.
>>
>> While at the same time incurring new debt.
>
> That's not an intrinsic part of the rewrite, and will only happen if
> you do the job sloppily.
>
> Perhaps you're completely misunderstanding the meaning of the term?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_debt
> https://thedailywtf.com/articles/technical-debt

Yes I understand the meaning.  Getting code out the door now, at the
expense of maintenance later.  But really all code is technical debt.
That's my main point.  No one writes good enough code to be completely
free of this technical debt.