No subject

Hello! My name is William and im 14 years old and live in sweden.  Im pretty new to programing in python and i need some help with code, (That?s why i?m here). But i couldn?t really find what i was searching for on the internet. I?m trying to write code that can check only the first line in a .txt file and check if it?s the same as the int 1000.   I preferably want it to be an if satement but anything works, i just don?t know how i should write it. I?ve been browsing the internet for a solution but sadly can?t seem to find a solution to it.

I don?t really know if this is the right way to get help or even if this email is for something else. Hopefully i will get some kind of response.

Best regards, William