uses both shell and python codes in one script.

On 10/3/19 8:15 AM, James Lu wrote:
> I would use IPython as a scripting language. It has a slow startup time
> though.

Lately I've been using Xonsh, which is a much more comfortable
application of Python to shell scripting than anything else I've tried.
Occasionally subprocess mode selection vs Python mode might seem a bit
magical, and that bothers me a bit. But overall I've begun using it for
many of my shell scripts now.  I don't find startup to be any slower
than any other python script I've written.

I've thought about using Xonsh as my main shell, but for now I'm still
using Zsh.