OT: Using a fake Gmail address is probably not a good idea

(I would have sent this off-list, but for obvious reasons I couldn't.)

Mails for someone here who goes by the handle "ast" with a fake
address of none at gmail.com keep landing in my Gmail spam folder. I
suspect the same is true for all people subscribed to python-list who
use Gmail. Gmail (correctly, I think) can't verify that the mail I
received actually originated there. It appears this user is actually
posting via Usenet through the server news.free.fr (apparently
ProxAd). I check my spam folder regularly for false positives, but I'm
sure many people don't. Whoever you are, ast, you might want to
reconsider your choice of fake return address.

Skip