Newbie question about Python syntax

On 25/08/2019 02:39, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 24Aug2019 21:52, Paul St George <email at paulstgeorge.com> wrote:
[snip]>
> Aside from "map" being a poor name (it is also a builtin Python
> function), it seems that one creates one of these to control how some
> rendering process is done.
>
> The class reference page you originally cites then specifies the meaning
> of the various attributes you might set on one of these objects.
>
> Cheers,
> Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>

Thanks Cameron. As this list has a low noise to signal ratio I cannot
thank you enough here.

I could have stayed where I belong in Blender Artists, or similar, but
those lists tend to just offer solutions and as Douglas Adams almost
said knowledge without understanding is almost meaningless. Here I have
gained enough understanding (perhaps not to yet make sufficient sense in
what I say) but to transfer knowledge from solving one problem to
possibly solving many.

Thank you for your patience and tolerance,

Dr Paul St George
--
http://www.paulstgeorge.com
http://www.devices-of-wonder.com