Newbie question about Python syntax

I have the Python API for the Map Value Node here:
<https://docs.blender.org/api/current/bpy.types.CompositorNodeMapValue.html>.

All well and good. Now I just want to write a simple line of code such as:

import bpy

 >>>print(bpy.types.CompositorNodeMapValue.max[0])

If this works, I will do something similar for max, min, offset and then
size.

I know my embarrassingly feeble attempt is wrong because the console
tells me:
AttributeError: type object 'CompositorNodeMapValue' has no attribute 'max'

Could anyone (please) point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Paul