Issue with the program

Hello, I downloaded the Python program today, as well as the separate IDE pyCharm today and on pyCharm I tried setting up Python as the interpreter, as the tutorial I am following stated, however it says that it is invalid and every time I try to input any code, a window for Python setup appears and tells me to Modify, Repair, or Uninstall Python, however none of those are applicable in this situation. I?m a beginner programmer and I?m not sure if the issue is with Python, pyCharm, or just user error and I would greatly appreciate some assistance in figuring this out. Thank you.