How control a GUI for an unrelated application from a Python script?

On 6/14/2019 12:49 AM, Christian Seberino wrote:
> I have a third party GUI that manages some hardware.
>
> I want to control the hardware from a Python script.
>
> This seems to mean I need to somehow have Python code
>    that imitates a human doing the necessary
>      actions on the GUI (selecting menu options, pressing buttons, etc.)
>
> Is this possible / easy / doable?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

Hi Chris

THere are two approaches for this. If the appication is inheritenty
controllable, e.g. through COM, then you can use win32com.

Alternatively, you can go down the route of "Robotic Process Automation"
using something like https://github.com/OakwoodAI/Automagica

Hope this helps,

Chris Hills