Checking refusal of a network connection

> How would this conversion take place?  Localhost is 127.0.0.1.
> Localhost6 is ::1.  They are different

My configuration file ?/etc/hosts? provides the following information
as usual.

??
::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
??

> and you cannot route between the two.

I got other expectations for the corresponding software behaviour.

> What I can see is that your server binds to localhost6 and your client
> is trying to connect to localhost.

I am curious to clarify the circumstances further if such a combination
can also work finally.

If my software test client would pass the IPv6 address family for a connection,
both processes would use the same network protocol version.

Regards,
Markus