osdir.com


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Can my python program send me a text message?


This is a very good point since I am already finding that the arrival of
texts, and voice mail, seem to be irregular with respect to delivery times
with my phone as it is.

On the other hand, I was not thinking fourth dimensionally when I thought
about using text mail for this project. Since I am planning to migrate this
program into my phone eventually, I can just use the beep in the phone
instead.  When I get the transfer done, I can then think about how to get
the phone to make the sounds.

Still, Python-to-text messaging code is an interesting concept to explore
should I want to use it the future. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Footnote:
98% of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name.


-----Original Message-----
From: Python-list <python-list-bounces+gronicus=sga.ninja at python.org> On
Behalf Of Rhodri James
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:20 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Can my python program send me a text message?

On 19/03/2019 19:33, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> - 1) use pi with gsm module.
> or
> - 2) find some free sms api for python then use

Slightly off-topic, but you (the OP) should be aware that carriers do not
guarantee that texts will be delivered in a timely manner.  In fact they
don't guarantee to deliver the texts at all.  We have had clients become
very unhappy when confronted with the reality of that.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
--
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list