tkinter

On 18/03/2019 16:00, Informatico de Neurodesarrollo wrote:
> Hello friends:
>
> I am a beginner on programming in python.
>
> I want make a simple program that test continuously (every 5 seg) the
> connection? to internet and change the background color when are not
> available. I try this , but not work properly:
>
> ?#!/usr/bin/env python3
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> #
> from tkinter import *
> import socket, time
>
> def DetectarConexion():
> ??? testConn = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_STREAM)
> ??? try:
> ??? ??? testConn.connect(('8.8.8.8', 80))
> ??? ??? testConn.close()
> ??? ??? return True
> ??? except:
> ??? ??? testConn.close()
> ??? ??? return False
>
> root = Tk()
> root.title("Conexi?n")
> root.geometry("80x50")
>
> while True:
> ??? if DetectarConexion():
> ??? ??? # Background:Green
> ??? ??? root.config(background="#38EB5C")
> ??? else:
> ??? ??? # Background:Red
> ??? ??? root.config(background="#F50743")
> ??? time.sleep(5)
>
> root.mainloop()
>

> Any ideas, will be welcome.
>

> T.I.A

I asked about a tkinter app for a project I am working on a while back ,
 what was suggested (which was a very useful suggestion) is get the
routine and feedback working without the GUI first,  so in this case a
simply python program would ping something ever 5 mins and say if this
was successful or not.

Not sure if you would ping as such, but if you can get a normal python
script to do what you want,  then you can add a gui later.

hope this helps

Paul