System Beep?

On 3/9/19, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> ... produces a sound on my system... But has to be run from a Windows
> console (command line -- either "DOS" or PowerShell).

Say "CMD" if that's what you mean. DOS was an OS (albeit a simple
one). The CMD shell is not an OS and was never a DOS program. (It was
written for OS/2.) Also, python.exe doesn't have to be "run from a
console", by which I think you mean it has to be run from a shell
that's attached to a console. Like any console application, python.exe
allocates its own console if it doesn't inherit one. cmd.exe and
powershell.exe are exactly the same in this regard.