Class Issue`

On 06/03/2019 14:44, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Ouch, did C++ burn you in the past?

I've tried and failed to learn the language three times.  It's been
suggested that my mistake was using Stroustrop's book :-)  There just
seem to be so much boilerplate and fiddly bits that it quickly gets too
complex to hold a project design in my head.  Python, by contrast, Just
Worked and showed me how to think about OO design without half the drama.

> Sounds like Rhodri has strong expectations about how languages should
> behave, and C++ does fulfil this. So maybe there's some respect here
> after all:)

Fine, you've got me there :-)

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd