more pythonic way

On 2019-02-11, Felix Lazaro Carbonell <felix at epepm.cupet.cu> wrote:

> Could you please tell me wich way of writing this method is more pythonic:
>
>     def find_monthly_expenses(month=None, year=None):
>         month = month or datetime.date.today()
>
> Or it should better be:
>
>         if not month:
>             month = datetime.date.today()

The most pythonic way is to do this:

   def find_monthly_expenses(month=datetime.date.today().month, year=datetime.date.today().year):

And then start a month-long argument on the mailing list about how the
behavior of parameter default values is wrong and needs be changed.

;)

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I always have fun
                                  at               because I'm out of my