Pythonic Y2K

On 17/01/19 6:53 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 3:55 PM Avi Gross <avigross at verizon.net> wrote:
>> The forthcoming UNIX 2038 problem will, paradoxically happen on January 19.
>>

> Paradoxically? What do you mean by that?

First we had to duck the Y2K problem.
By moving everything to 64-bits, we duck the Unix Millennium problem.

There you go: two ducks - a pair-o-ducks!

I assume the paradox involves noting that the end of the (32-bit) Unix
epoch, does not coincide with the end of a (Gregorian) calendar year.

Actually, aren't there three date-time problems to be ducked? Wasn't
Python's move to having wider timestamps (+= fractions of seconds) in
part connected with the need to modify NTP - which hits the wall a few
years before 2038...

--
Regards =dn