IDLE Default Working Directory

Could anyone tell me how to set up IDLE's default working directory, so that it would be in the same place for each startup?  (Like C:\Users\myname\Python)

I teach a course that mounts a lot of file space across the network and the default directory for all my students is a readonly directory, which means they have to adjust anytime they want to save a new program or use a complete path name to write to a new output file.   I would prefer that they wouldn't continually have to fight the system to save their code.

I looked in IDLE's own configuration menu, and didn't see anything there -- and I fear that I might have to fight some Windows settings somewhere else instead.   I think this is Windows 10.

Roger Christman

Pennsylvania State University