UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d in position 10442: character maps to <undefined>

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 7:14:06 AM UTC-4, INADA Naoki wrote:
> ?> 1st is this script is from a library module online open source
>
> If it's open source, why didn't you show the link to the soruce?
> I assume your code is this:
>
> https://github.com/siddharth2010/String-Search/blob/6770c7a1e811a5d812e7f9f7c5c83a12e5b28877/createIndex.py
>
> And self.collFile is opened here:
>
> https://github.com/siddharth2010/String-Search/blob/6770c7a1e811a5d812e7f9f7c5c83a12e5b28877/createIndex.py#L91
>
> You need to add `encoding='utf-8'` argument.

hello i used this recommandtion in one of my projects in python and it worked fine im wrting today cuz i have this same unicode error in a slighty differn file code line and i added encoding utf 8 but i still get the same error

here is my line of code

with open(join("docs", path)) as f:

where can i add the encoding="utf8" line??
does anyone on this forum happen to know??

ok thank you jessica