Style Q: Instance variables defined outside of __init__

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 5:37:48 AM UTC+5:30, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Ben Finney  writes:
> > Any program which needs to interact with systems outside itself ? which
> > is to say, any program which performs useful work, ultimately ? must
> > have side effects. So it's absurd to advocate removing *all* side
> > effects.
>
> The way it (conceptually) works in Haskell is you write a purely
> functional program that returns a pure value of type "I/O action".

Saw this coincidentally adjacent to this thread

https://youtu.be/ROor6_NGIWU

Its a view 'from the other side': a big name in functional programming
(not haskell) musing on how the world of IO, more generally world interaction,
could be cleaned up