[OT] Re: Style Q: Instance variables defined outside of __init__

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2018-03-20, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
>
>> My automotive course will probaly divide cars into Automatic
>> Transmission, and Front Wheel Drive.
>
> I get your point: the two characteristics are, in theory, orthogonal.
> But, in the US, the two appear to be correlated.  ISTM that cars with
> manual transmissions are much more likely to be RWD than are
> automatics.

I find that slightly strange, I guess in the US, manual transmission
correlates to the non default option(?), along with RWD.

In Europe, RWD and automatic transmission are more expensive options
than FWD and manual transmissions, and most cars are FWD and manual.

At least most cars I can afford..

Cheers

Tom