FULLSCREEN and DOUBLEBUF

On 2018-06-08 12:41, Darren Pardoe wrote:
> On Friday, 8 June 2018 12:24:26 UTC+1, Rhodri James  wrote:
>> On 08/06/18 09:00, Paul St George wrote:
>> PS: it's generally considered polite not to top post on this mailing list.
>>
>> --
>> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
>
> Rhodri, Guys,
> I have always top posted even though most editors start with the cursor at the bottom. Is there any foundation to this methodology as my logic suggest we top post?

Those who invented and first used email decades ago found that the
interleaved style with trimming of unwanted text worked best in practice.

Many years later, when the internet and World Wide Web gained widespread
usage, people weren't told about what had been found to work best, and
the email programs they used created a reply that quoted the original
message and left the cursor at the top, so people just put their reply
there.