FULLSCREEN and DOUBLEBUF

On 08/06/18 09:00, Paul St George wrote:
> Excellent. Now I know what to do in this instance and I understand the
> principle.
>
> I hesitantly tried this:
>
>  ??? screen = pygame.display.set_mode((720,480), pygame.FULLSCREEN |
> pygame.DOUBLEBUF)
>
> Hesitantly because I expected the *bitwise or operator* (|) to work like
> a toggle, so FULLSCREEN or DOUBLEBUF.

The bitwise OR operator peforms a bitwise OR, i.e. *both* flags get set.

> No errors were reported, but how would I check that DOUBLEBUF had been
> set? Is there a general rule, such as replace 'set_something' with
> 'get_something'?

There's documentation.  The link Chris gave you for
pygame.display.set_mode() tells you that you get a Surface out of it.
Reaching for the docs for that, this leaps out:

https://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/surface.html#pygame.Surface.get_flags
PS: it's generally considered polite not to top post on this mailing list.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd