Attachments

"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at> writes:

> Then the statement
>
> | (For good reasons, attachments are dropped when messages are
> | distributed on the forum.)
>
> was demonstrable false (at least overly general) as the attachment in
> Jach's message wasn't dropped.

Try this more precise statement, then:

Many attachments are dropped when distributed on this forum, to the
extent that one should expect attachments will tend not survive
distribution on this forum.

> (I remember that I have seen some messages in the past where an
> attachment was obviously missing. Maybe specific content types are
> stripped, but not attachments in general)

Yes. There may be exceptions, but ?don't expect that readers of this
forum can see your attachments? is a good rule to operate by.

--
 \          ?Writing a book is like washing an elephant: there no good |
  `\        place to begin or end, and it's hard to keep track of what |