Where has the practice of sending screen shots as source code come from?

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:24:55 -0800, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Is it really true that OCR appeared long before Neural Networks
> (NN's)?  I first heard of NN's in the 80's, but OCR more like the
> 90's.

In 1964, the IBM exhibit at the World's Fair in New York demonstrated
a system that read dates that visitors wrote by hand.  (You were
supposed to write your date of birth, and the system then printed
the New York Times's headline for that date.)

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.